Oh man, this is no fun traveling while sick. It hit me again and this time it has been longer than just 24 hours. I am officially sick :( I caught a bad cold that has now gone into my chest and have a body wide rash. Boo. Zero fun especially being away from home and in a strange place. I just want to leave my hotel room and see this new town. It looks like fun! But nope - I'm stuck trying to rest up. I want to be in my own bed SO much right now! (And since my bed is in storage and I technically couldn't truly rest in it also upset me). And this is making me feel homesick too. Ugh - shake it off Elana.
Since I was sick I don't have much to say about Pokhara or much of Kathmandu. I pushed myself to walk around these cities and the gist I got from them is that they are FULL of outdoor gear stores (which I just LOVE), trekkers are roaming the streets taking a break from their multi day/week/month treks, and these cities seem like a lot of fun to explore. Pokhara is definitely more laid back compared to the busy town of Kathmandu, but although Kathmandu is busier I still really enjoyed the energy there. I think it's because there were so many outdoor enthusiasts roaming around which made me smile. I wish I could enjoy it more. I wish I could go trekking! But I had to keep on resting. :(
Here are some albums with a few pictures. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from Pokhara, because I was just too out of it to take any. But the first album are pictures from a Monkey Temple that we stopped at on our way from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Monkeys everywhere! Lots of fun. And the second album are a few shots of my time in Kathmandu when I was finally feeling a bit better.

Since I was sick I don't have much to say about Pokhara or much of Kathmandu. I pushed myself to walk around these cities and the gist I got from them is that they are FULL of outdoor gear stores (which I just LOVE), trekkers are roaming the streets taking a break from their multi day/week/month treks, and these cities seem like a lot of fun to explore. Pokhara is definitely more laid back compared to the busy town of Kathmandu, but although Kathmandu is busier I still really enjoyed the energy there. I think it's because there were so many outdoor enthusiasts roaming around which made me smile. I wish I could enjoy it more. I wish I could go trekking! But I had to keep on resting. :(
Here are some albums with a few pictures. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from Pokhara, because I was just too out of it to take any. But the first album are pictures from a Monkey Temple that we stopped at on our way from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Monkeys everywhere! Lots of fun. And the second album are a few shots of my time in Kathmandu when I was finally feeling a bit better.


Oh bummer! Being sick while travelling is absolutely aweful, especially for curious people like you....sorry to hear love and hope you stay healthy for the remainder of your journey.
ReplyDelete