Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh how I love Nepal! – Lumbini

Alright, I DEFINITELY made the right decision. Nepal is beautiful! The landscape is beautiful, the people are beautiful, and it is drastically calmer than India – which is a beautiful thing! All of that anxiety got left behind and now I feel alive and back to my normal self! What a wonderful feeling. I can now really enjoy all that Nepal has to offer!
Our first stop was in Lumbini – where Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) was born. I got to visit the Bodhi tree in which his mother gave birth to him under.  It was incredible! There were prayer flags everywhere. My heart sank. My inner child came out again. It came out finally! Oh how I missed you. I absolutely loved the energy there. I sat under the tree, walked around the tree, smiled at the tree. I just couldn’t get enough of that tree!!!

After visiting Lumbini we set out for a scenic 5 hour bus ride. We went into the lush green jungle of Nepal – reminded me a lot of what Laos looked like. Oh trees! How I have missed you so! Fresh air, slight breeze, and finally some color to please my eyes! It took today for me to truly appreciate what nature does to my spirit. It lifts it so high and brings such inner peace. I missed that while in India. Not once did I see greenery in the places I visited. Just dirt and brown. I am so grateful to be in Nepal!
Click on this picture for the entire album

1 comment:

  1. your inner child most definitely shines through in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete