Thursday, June 2, 2011

Change of plans once again – now in Amsterdam!

Alright, I did it again. I changed my plans and SO happy I did it. You come to realize on a long trip like this that you can only plan so much ahead of time. I took guesses on the dates I wanted to be in certain places and guessed the length of time I wanted to visit. But, until you are actually here to experience it, you really NEVER know what the final plans will be. And, now that I am sick, my original plan seems unimaginable. I have plans to fly back to India for a short 3 day stay to shadow Indian homeopathic doctors (oh how I want to do this SO badly!), then back to Thailand for 3 days to finally visit an Island, and then a stopover in Malaysia for another short 3 days until finally reaching Amsterdam. But this plan seems almost impossible now that I am sick :( I just want a comfy and clean bed to rest! I need to shake off this cold! Oh man, time to make sacrifices.

So with all of this came decision making time. Do I change my plans, forgo time back in India, Thailand and a new country, Malaysia and fly directly to Amsterdam? YES. I need to rest!

At this point I am so exhausted I have lost my curiosity and excitement to see new things and meet new people. :( What a horrible feeling. I feel like I am wasting time trying to pass the days by so I can finally truly rest up. Not my cup of tea.

So, I decided to change up my plans and find a flight directly to Amsterdam from Nepal. (When I say directly I mean 3 flights total lasting over 24 hours from start to finish) And that last flight was the worst experience for me. I was so nauseous - I vomited multiple times on the plane. NO FUN!

The hardest part of this decision was giving up my time shadowing the homeopaths in India. I am so very grateful to both Kim and Micki Elia for connecting me with these doctors. And specifically to Dr. Geeta who has worked hard on finding doctors for me to shadow. I am so very sad to have to pass up this amazing opportunity. Through this I have learned that we can't always do it all and have to make sacrifices along the way. This was definitely one of them. :(

Now that I made it to Amsterdam I am SO happy with my choice. I am here visiting with family - my cousin Steven, his wife and baby Amy and Ezra. My bed is AMAZING! I have a clean room, clean bathroom, oh and the kitchen is incredible! I can't wait to start cooking in it!!! Wow - the luxuries that are here. True culture shock! But at first I had no choice but to rest. After MANY hours of sleeping, lots of tissue boxes and remedies, I am just now starting to get my energy back again and feeling like myself again. Oh, how I missed you.


No comments:

Post a Comment