Friday, May 13, 2011

Taking a rest in Bangkok and saying goodbye

Wow- it's been a month with my group and now it's come to an end. 30 days beginning in Bangkok, onto visiting the kind people of Cambodia and seeing incredible temple ruins, to Vietnams busy streets, acres of rice fields and hundreds of tailor shops, to Laos where it turned into a laid back environment with scenic lush mountains every direction you turn. Now, back to the bustling streets and polluted air of Bangkok.

I needed some time to rest. We really moved quickly through 4 countries. I'm so grateful I decided to join this tour group. I have met some wonderful people who I will keep in touch with and a handful I will see again in the future. Now I get to visit friends in London, Australia, and Switzerland! How lucky am I :)

I want to take a moment to thank some of my new friends. As I am grateful for everyone who comes in and out my life.
Krysia, Louise and I grew so close. The last couple nights we all crammed into one room. The 3 of us all shared a double bed. Although we had little room to move we were all so happy to be so close and didn't want to leave one another.

I knew Sam and Jeremy were good friends when they convinced me to buy pepper spray for my trip alone to India and tried it out on themselves to make sure it was strong enough. Silly of them but deep down incredibly considerate.
And my tour guide Matt who has to be among the top guides out there. His child like spirit and love of his job was a breath of fresh air from most americans i come across who hate their jobs.
I am grateful for this handful of people that were close in my life for the last 33 days. We started out as strangers and ended feeling as if we were family.

So my finals days in Bangkok were spent resting up, getting last minute things for my time in India, which comprised of a visit to the Bangkok mall which was massive and an experience in and of itself. I also visited Chinatown for a great adventure, went to the floating market, peaked in the grand palace and Wat po, which housed the reclining buddah. And enjoyed the last few nights with my friends before saying my goodbyes.

Chinatown !




Click on this picture below for pictures of my time in Bangkok.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you had an amazing experience with your guided tour group! I know you weren't totally sold on the idea but it sounds like it worked out for the best! I love the picture of you and your friends in bed :)

    ReplyDelete