Monday, May 9, 2011

Laos food

I really love learning about the different cuisines in each country. So if I end up with more food pictures on my blog than anything else – I am quiet ok with that J
Loas food is very similar to Thai food, however a main difference is the rice that is served. In Thailand, steamed jasmine rice is served, in Laos STICKY rice is served. Other than that, the dishes are fairly similar.
Another difference in Laos is the amount of free alcohol that is served. Almost every restaurant that I went to we were offered a free bottle of either whiskey or rice wine.




Another food that I often found in Laos and not in the other places was Seaweed.

This is a traditional Laos dish called Lap. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the dish so much but it is made up of minced meat (fish is in this picture), mint, lemon, lemongrass and other spices. Was just OK.


Sticky Rice


Although Papaya Salad is served in other countries, it is extremely popular here in Laos.


Simple curries similar to Thailand.

 

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment