Saturday, April 23, 2011

The people I meet along the way

I have wanted to write a post on the people I have met along my journey, but never found the right time to do it. I figure there will be so many more great people I will ineveitably meet so couldn't decide if I should wait till the end of my trip to write a post or write posts as I go along. Well, as you can tell, I chose the latter.

The people I meet on my trip bring a lot to my experience. I feel fortunate to have these connections is my life, even if they only stick around for a short time.

Below is a start of a photo album I have compiled. I plan to continue to add to it with more and more people that I want to keep in my memories.

To start, Mike was my first new friend when I was travelling in Chiang Mai for 2 weeks. I won't ever forget Mike as we shared so many similarities. He too was born in California, was raised with a similar Jewish upbringing as me, and we both have a strong craving for adventure and travel. I will remember Mike for our great conversations along with both of our desire to grow and develop into the best people we can be. Thanks Mike for the great company, conversations and wonderful scooter rides!!

Next on my trip was a wonderful Canadian couple, Tanya and Sean. Oh how I love Canadians! I met them at my meditation retreat and enjoyed their company for a short while before they were off to Bali. They were a great example of a couple who could share in the joys of travelling for a few months on end! Hope to visit you guys when I am next in Toronto!

When I joined my group tour I automatically clicked with my roomate Krysia. She is a lovely, mature, 22 year old from London. Not only is she gorgerous from the outside, she is a sweetheart in the inside and boy is her accent just beautiful! We stay up late night gossiping before trying to fall asleep and have each other to vent to when we need an ear. I am grateful for her friendship right now and look forward to many more memories created with one another.

Then there are the 3 amigos from San Fransisco. Geg, Charlie and Ryan. Boy did Krysia and I have fun with these guys! We laughed, we joked, we ate, they kept on eating, we waited while they kept on eating :) we drank, we danced.... we just had a great time with these guys. We all just clicked. I was so sad that they only got to share our time while in Cambodia and the start of Vietnam. Krysia and I both miss them. Thanks guys for bringing good energy to our group! I am sure we all will cross paths during my next visit to NorCal! Hope getting back to work isn't too rough for you guys :( You are definitely missed.

And to mention my group as a whole. The wonderful UK girls, Louise and Tash. What a lovely group of girls who speak so elegantly and use words like "gorgeous", "nice", "just brilliant" to describe their food. I just loved hearing them speak :) The two scottish women -Lynn and Cara - boy are they hard to understand some times with their thick accents. Oh, but when you can understand them, they are just really great to hang around. Both hard workers looking to have a good time! Now that they will both be living in Australia, I definitely would love to go and visit them in the future! Then there was a soft spoken couple from Sweden and the not so soft spoken couple from Australia on their honeymoon. These couples brought a nice balanced vibe to our group. Oh, and dear Sam, our swiss youngster. He truly has a kind heart. I love these kind of men! Deep thinker for such a young guy. And there is Jeremy from Virginia, just got out of the military so wanted to spend his savings on traveling (we got that in common). I really enjoy wathcing him make locals laugh. And then there is our tour guide, Matt from Quebec. He has been living in Asia for 10 years now. This is is home. He is great at what he does! So as you see, it has been a diverse group of us and has been really wonderful getting to know so many people from all over the globe! I am grateful for this group of people as we all got along so well.

Now that we are in Vietnam, some of these above mentioned people have left us and we have gotten some new members of the group to join. I look forward to meeting some of these new people.

Here are a few pictures of the new friends I have made, along with some other random photos to share. I will continue updating this album and post on all of the significant people I meet along the way!

2 comments:

  1. You will be pleasantly surprised how these people will impact your life for years to come! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elana!
    I love reading your blog! Your posts about the cooking classes make me wish that I could have taken one... as an added bonus then I wouldn't have a gross peeling sunburn :-/. We were all definitely bummed to leave you guys in HCMC, I'm sure that the rest of your trip will be awesome!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete