Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cambodian food

A way to get a taste of what the food is like here in Cambodia! :) Here are some of my favorite dishes worth posting on.

Traditional dish called Amok Fish Curry. Lemongrass goodness!



Nice condiments accompany dishes. Chillies, soy sauce and a mango sauce. In Thailand there are also condiments similar to these in addition to chillies marinating in fish sauce.


Stir fried veggies with cashew nut



Veggie red curry in a coconut! $2.50 one of the best dishes I have had yet!
So I got it again the next night :)



The few differences I have noticed between Thai vs Cambodian food:

All of the stir fry egg noodles contain egg in Cambodia whereas the noodles in Thailand are mainly rice noodles.

The curries have a similar ingredient base but Thailand uses more spice/heat.

Amok Fish Curry is not found in Thailand and is unique to Cambodia. As you can read in the cooking course blog I wrote up this curry has lemongrass as the main ingredient.

Soups are very similar between each country.

Both VERY tasty! But if I had to chose, Thai food comes in first place.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity to hear this woman's story! Thanks for sharing love!

    ReplyDelete