Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday night street market - Chiang Mai

This was the largest street market I have ever been to. Can you imagine such an excited elana?!

Crowded streets. Went on and on and on and on...



These food stands go on forever.




My meal that night - really yummy noodles with peanuts on top. Have no idea what it was called. Let's say yummy noodles with peanuts on top :)





Randomly would pass a beautiful temple!








Fried grasshoppers, crickets, worms and water bugs. Yum?




Mango sticky rice. Always a treat!





The begging dogs. They are everywhere :( My dad has asked me to buy food and feed all the dogs on the street but I'm scared they will follow me and possibly bite me. My dad has such a good heart. When I told him I don't feel comfortable doing it he went to a dog shelter in CA and donated money and food. I love my dad. What a giver.





Live entertainment. There is no joking around with this market. Food, art, temples and music are overwhelming the streets of Chiang Mai every Sunday night!





Mike and I having fun.




Oh this was so touching to me. I bought this purse that you can see on my arm. It was hand made by this kind woman. I asked if I could have a picture with her to remember and appreciate who made the purse and before I knew it her kids wanted to join in the picture!
This to me makes my new purse very meaningful. Hands down beats any purse I could have ever bought at any store. I am grateful.





Click on this picture below to see more pictures of the sunday market. For all those foodies out there, this  album is for you!!




-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: