I had so much fun at the market. There was everything there from veggies, meats, poultry, fish, condiments and for the kids toys ;) now this one brought out that inner child in me!!
Do you notice the variety of rices? Oh the things I am learning here!! (hope the video works, first time trying it out)
Below is a picture of "my helper". This sweet thai girl kept on staring at me so I welcomed her near me to help with the cooking. Although no words were exchanged we made our connections and many smiles were exchanged.
First picture is of us in the farm and the second in the kitchen. She was darling.


First course: Red curry. I muddled the paste myself and made this delicious dish in a snap!

Second course: Tom kah. So easy and so delicious. No man power needed like the paste. Just some chopping and mixing. Yummy!

Third course: Papaya salad. Ahhhheaven!

Fourth course: Stir fry wide noodles. Sauce is a combinatation of molasses and mushroom sauce. Believe it or not it was delicious!

Fifth Course: Coconut milk with pumpkin for dessert. Others who made mango sticky rice had a better dessert (I have to be honest)

So, how did I like it?
Goodie bags and a recipe book to take home. My friend and I were sad to leave one another but had such a special time together :)



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Hi Elana!!!
ReplyDeleteEven tho we (literally) met just before you left....I feel like we are soooo much alike! So, (sadly) I must live vicariously through you.
I love your adventurous spirit....and your blog! Please continue. AND please send recipes....Thai food is yummy!!!! Would love to try something here.
Live in the moment and let your spirit soar!
Looks great! Can't wait to bribe you to make me dinner when you return. =)
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering! Please post recipes. I'm glad to be living vicariously though your travels. You have such a lust for life and I can't wait to see and hear more. Love & hugs to you.
ReplyDelete